poseidon redwood bike

If you went with the Redwood there are ways you could lighten up and make it a little more road friendly. Benchmarks for 650B Gravel Bikes The standard benchmarks we used to select the 650B gravel bikes listed here are that each bike must fit 27.5 (650B) tires that are 2.1 (54mm) or wider, and was designed for use with drop bars. Gravel bikes are great hybrids between road bikes and MTB. Today we are taking a look at the Poseidon Redwood, a capable gravel bike for under $1,000. Lets start with the Jones Plus LWB (long wheelbase), which is a unique bike even within the 29+ category. Has anyone ridden the Redwood on the Great Divide? I have done a weeklong bikepacking trip on the GDMBR with my Santa Cruz and would like to do more of that kind of bikepacking but mostly, I will be doing greenbelt/gravel rides. The brakes clearly are its Achilles heal. A solid bike right out of the gate, with room for upgrades and personalization, Im looking forward to putting many miles and memories on mine. *FREE SHIPPING Available for this bike within the Continental US. Bicycle Touring . Microshift components work well in my experience. I would guess my average breakout is 70/30 pavement:Gravel. To everyone at posieden bike. Bike is awesome I just want to move a little closer to a road bike. Dropbar Poseidon X. The frame uses smaller diameter steel tubing to increase the side-to-side flex of the bike when compared to other gravel bikes, which gives it a lively ride underneath you. It is a good bike and fairly priced, Weight is good (22lbs) and good for distance and relatively fast. I have made this resource particularly informative so that you can learn some cool stuff, and apply my knowledge to any bike new or second hand, expensive or cheap. I ran into friends on the bike path all summer long who asked with intrigue what kind of . This reduces knee strain by bringing the pedals closer together, and it provides extra cornering clearance too. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. One last note, there is some unfortunate news about buying bikes this year COVID has wreaked havoc on the bike supply chain, and there is also unprecedented demand for bikes. I like the geometry on the Ambition so I will be interested to hear how it handles the roads and the gravel. www.mtnbikeriders.com is using a security service for protection against online attacks. www.mtnbikeriders.com is using a security service for protection against online attacks. A bike for bikepacking and heavy trail riding. I'm a husband and dad of 5 with a full-time job. The disadvantages to long chainstay bikes are that its harder to lift the front wheel over obstacles, and the bike is a bit less agile on tight, twisty trails. Poseidon Redwood An aluminum frame gravel bike with upper mid-range components and mechanical disc brakes. The easy gear here is only a ratio of 1, which isnt great if youll be hitting lots of hills, but the 3.8 is relatively fast on the flats, although not the fastest. Support non-competitive cycling content: https://www.patreon.com/PathLessPedaledhttps. The downside of a 2x is that it is heavier and more likely to get jammed up with road debris than a 1x drivetrain. The best way to describe the feeling is that its a drop bar mountain bike. Ive got plenty of experience building bikes, and even worked in a bike shop for a short period, so no big surprises there for me. I've been wanting to buy a second bike to ride around town, ride on gravel trails, and maybe even ride on some double track out in my local state park. Its worth noting that you can get the frameset for 299, and the wheels for 179, which would be a great place to start on a custom build. $899 Monster Gravel Bike 15,385 views Premiered Oct 8, 2020 384 Dislike Share Save Locked In 43.3K subscribers Purchase a Redwood Here:. Filter bikes by year, weight, components, price, and performance. My interest was immediately piqued in a company that I hadnt really heard much about before. I appreciate your thoughts. Canyon Grail 7 vs. 700C Category AverageWeight: 9.4kg Category 10.2kg (8% less than average)Steering Speed:67mm Category 68mm (same as average)Low Climbing Gear:24 gear inches Category 26 gear inches (8% lower than average). Gravel bike geometry (unless its a race bike) is typically a little more upright, longer, and more stable to help you comfortably ride through rough terrain. If you are going on really rough terrain, you may want to look into 650bs or even mountain bike tires. No nonsense price and youll hang with all the other expensive bikes. The wheels are relatively lightweight and the bike is set up tubeless from the factory. There are also a few in the mix that were created to run either 700C or 650B tires. I converted the Poseidon Redwood into a bikepacking rig, but none of my bikepacking trips materialized so it sat in my shed for months without being loved. var _statcounter = _statcounter || []; bicicletas poseidon precio Descuento online OFF65% Bicicleta de grava Basso Palta (EKAR Campagnolo Ruedas de carbono Shamal) 2022 Eat Sleep Cycle . Hey everyone I'm completely new to this forum and have some questions about my new gravel bike I bought second hand. The huge tires would make the sandy terrain that I live in (the Southern Ontario sand plains) less of a struggle and feed my need for adventure into the unknown. I am looking at the Ambition since it is more upright, which I think I would like. IF you were to suggest a crankset/bottom bracket upgrade what would you go with? . The drivetrain is the new Shimano Deore 11-speed with an 18 climbing gear. The only quality gravel bike that's anywhere close is State Bicycle Co.'s 4130 All-Road, and that costs $899.99. Each of my bike picks represents a different bike category. This full-carbon 27.5 gravel bike tips the scales at 9.7kg. The crankset is an off-brand square tapered Prowheel unit with a 38 tooth narrow-wide chainring, making the stock gearing choice perfect for off-road adventuring. Adventure Cycling Association inspires, empowers and connects people to travel by bicycle. Find your ideal bike using bike-on-bike geometry comparisons with diagrams, powerful search tools, and category analysis. This bike feels sturdy, which is more than I can say for its few price-point competitors. Whether you are on trails most gravel bikes would shudder at or taking in newfound sights on your next bikepacking trip the Redwood is ready. However, you can choose a carbon fork for the Salsa, which will increase the price and your ride comfort. Basierend auf dem Baumaterial und der Qualitt des Rahmens, der Gabel, des Laufradsatzes, der Gruppe, des Aufhngungssystem und mehr. Bike Snapshot vs. 29 Category AverageWeight: ~10.9kg Category 11.9kg (8% less than average)Steering Speed:80mm Category 79mm (1% slower than average)Low Climbing Gear:24 gear inches Category 24 gear inches (same as average). 1 10 10 speed. I was also slow in the pavement; the stock meaty tires that it came with had a lot to do with this. However, the State All Road is nice if speed and hills arent your mission. Luckily the Microshift derailleur was cheap to replace. As usual, you can order your bike with a perfectly fitting frame pack, and the Mukluk has all the provisions to carry a bikepacking bag ensemble or rear panniers if you need the volume. The Checkpoint uses the highest tier of aluminium tubing to create a frame thats only 1.5kg. The gearing can feel a bit gappy in spots, but I dont think dialing in your cadence is the focus on this bike. If you no longer have access to the email address call our memberships department at (800) 755-2453 or email us at memberships@adventurecycling.org. I do think Poseidon bikes are great entry level and budget friendly bikes; they just did not fit the type of riding I do. This aluminium bike is 12.7kg and has been designed for moderate off-road terrain. Im 6'2" and ride a Large (58) on most gravel bikes, which the geometry is much closer to their XL on the Redwood. Redwood wheels have 27.5" thru-axle/tubeless compatible rims. The Dropbar Poseidon X won't keep up with similar bikes while riding downhill or sprinting. You want knobby tread to give you a good grip on the road and rocks. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. This is also the only bike on this list that comes with a dynamo hub and USB charger, which Im pretty stoked on. After riding it consistently for a few months, I started noticing small chips missing from the matte green paint job, especially on the headtube where cables easily rub. The model that stands out most to me this year is the Kona Hei Hei. Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh. These give you lots of different hand positions for long days in the saddle and more control when descending. .recentcomments a{display:inline !important;padding:0 !important;margin:0 !important;}, A Mountain Biking Website For The Rest Of Us. The bike did not disappoint at all, it was definitively at home at the loop. Every time you choose us we are honored. This means that you might not actually get your hands on some of these bikes immediately, and will likely have to wait. An oldie, but a goodie in my opinion, but there are vastly superior options available to manufacturers nowadays. Aluminum Tapered Fork with 3 Bosses on Each Side. That's why we do all we can to make sure you are taken care of and feel confident about your purchase. These give you good stopping power under wet and muddy conditions. The Poseidon Redwood falls somewhere in the middle. Here is an upgrade to try for cable actuated disk brakes. Required fields are marked *, on The reasons why I sold my Poseidon Bikes. Although this bike was more expensive, it is a bike that is excellent on the road and the dirt. I have a conundrum with which I need help. However, drop bars give you a lot more hand positions for comfort and control. Manage Settings It's a 2020 Poseidon Redwood (medium) and is only 2 months old; however, the left crank arm fell off during a ride one day and looks like the threads are stripped on the arm and the spindle.It has a square taper style bb and I'm pretty much confused on what to look for to . In this super in-depth article, Ill first explain how I went about selecting these bikes. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Im using my Bikepacking Bike Buyers Guide to compare and select all of these bikes. I next looked at the lowest climbing gear on each of the bikes. www.mtnbikeriders.com is using a security service for protection against online attacks. I was thinking of getting rid of mtn bike and getting redwood or keeping mtn bike and going with X or Ambition. And if you couldnt guess, I would personally prefer different brifters in terms of riding comfort, but the Advent X gets this bike close enough. That would be great. A new saddle and better tires would go a long way here. The gear you need to fuel the ride and add that personal touch. Just something to be aware of if you have a 31.6mm dropper sitting in the garage and are eyeing up this bike. Love bikes? Amongst 27.5 gravel bikes, the Poseidon Redwood honestly seems too good to be true. Check out the entire range from 2021 of this model, by clicking this link. Bikepacking is generally in the backcountry, but you can backpack on local trails. You can expect the DSX2 to tip the scales at around 11kg/24lb, making it especially light for its price. Dirt, Gravel, or Road, The Poseidon X is ready for the adventure. I put 700 x 43 Gravel King SKs on my X and its made a big difference. Im a big fan of tubeless so I did take the plunge right off the bat and swapped to Maxxis Ikons in 2.35 to accommodate a tubeless setup. Bike is stock (won't include pedals, pump, bottle holder). Redwood is part of the Poseidon Redwood model. Considering our trails and fire roads can be steep in the Rocky Mountain West, I found the 1148T cassette to be a bit limited paired with a 38T chainring. Both the Poseidon Redwood and the Salsa Journeyman are made with aluminum. The 440mm chainstays hit a sweet spot between quick handling and stable-going. Remember folks: this is a gravel plus bike, dont be fooled by the biiig tires. This will give you a lot more options for being able to ride uphill, downhill, and speed along the flats. When I had finally committed to purchasing my first brand-new bicycle from my local bike shop, someone in some Big Cool City told me that any new bike worth buying should cost at least $2,000. None of these bikes are made of carbon, which helps keep the price low. The full-carbon Otso Voytek may be the most expensive in this list, but at 11.5kg/24.5lb, its light, and it comes with some unique features. Specifications Frameset Frame Many gravel bikes will come with a 1x setup, which means you only have one chainring. It handles loaded bikepack trips without batting an eye, in fact, dare I say it rides better fully loaded ripping down a forest road. Inside The Revolutionary Honda Bicycle Gearboxes (All 3 Generations), The 2023 Touring & Bikepacking Bike Buyers Guides Are Now Available, Video: We Biked 3,000KM Into The Australian Outback (Amazing Experience). This summer, Poseidon bikes, a small consumer-direct company in California, released the Redwood. Brake Levers: MicroShift Advent X Rear Derailleur: MicroShift Advent X with Clutch Brakes: Tektro Mechanical Disc Mechanical Disc Disc Rotor: Tektro 160mm F/R Crank: Prowheel 38t Narrow Wide Chainring 1x Crankset Bottom Bracket: 68mm English Threaded Square Taper It is priced at $450 USD and comes in a range of sizes, including XXS, XS, SM, MD, LG, XL. The Dropbar Poseidon X has a carbon fork, 700c wheels, and higher gearing; while the Redwood has an aluminum fork and aluminum 650b aluminum wheels. Visit GravelCyclist.com for the tech scoop. Similar Bikes. I eventually upgraded to something with 42c tires for more capability but was ultimately disappointed in that as well. Bravo! You will find the Cycle2Charge USB plug integrated neatly into the steerer tube. On the other hand, if youre a road biker at heart and want to hit some gravel trails, you might want to lean towards the Salsa Journeyman with its 2x setup. Its a great exploration bike, happiest when off-road on trails or gravel roads. Its an odd mashup, but I think Poseidon built a bike that checks a lot of boxes for folks who are gravel-curious. 2021 Poseidon Redwood According to our calculations the best value gravel bicycle for 2021 goes to the Poseidon Redwood ! Explore the differences below. Researching what to get for a first backpacking bike (really it's my first standard bike as an adult) is pretty overwhelming as a noob to all of this. Love data? Thanks for the insight as Im a bit of a noon and Im not coearcif the advantage of disadvantage of different cramksers beyond the gearing they offer. (save on bike bags, kits, helmets, etc. The 22 climbing gear is perfect and its tubeless-ready too. Jones Plus LWB vs. Plus Category AverageWeight: ~15.3kg Category 14.1kg (9% more than average)Steering Speed: 83mm Category 93mm (11% faster than average)Low Climbing Gear: 18 gear inches Category 19 gear inches (5% lower than average). Ideal Use Road, Gravel Tire Size 700 x 35 Bar Type Dropbar Weight 25lbs Dropbar Redwood A bike that can handle gravel, heavy trails, and bikepacking. We stand behind the quality of our frames which is why each frame comes with a lifetime warranty. But theyre also not a deal-breaker. _statcounter.push({"tags": {"author": "Moe"}}); What I really love about the Poseidon Redwood is what a good foundation gravel bike it is for touring. Poseidon Flatbar Shadow Redwood 2021 on the other hand is the most expensive at 879 USD. Tubeless tires are a great choice for gravel bikes since you can run lower tire pressure, making the ride more comfortable and offering more puncture protection. Less aggressive tires and a carbon fork would probably be a good place to start. Its listed on Poseidons specs as being 31.6mm, which would be easy to find a compatible dropper post (the frame is set up for an external dropper). Other notable components on the Canyon include some nice DT Swiss wheels and a carbon seatpost which has been tuned to flex 5-10mm up and down, providing a silky-smooth ride on bumpy roads.

782410477167bbbd1a Chaddderall Real Name, Extraordinary Humans Muscles Transcript, Sweet Grace Dupe, Articles P