aoe2 mongols strategy

Mongols just have 400-550 more Food than everybody else automatically. Tonight we might even see the return of Subotai! The Mongols are the only civilization in the game whose Wonder lacks a real-life monumental counterpart. Privacy Policy. Try to fight with a Mongol army? He took Beijing in 1215 after a campaign that may have cost 30 million Chinese lives. The attack bonus against rams is removed. Their Light Cavalry have extra hit points and line of sight, making them very effective as scouts and raiders early in the game, and compensating somewhat for their lack of Plate Barding Armor later. Their unique technology improves the speed of their siege weapons greatly, allowing them to participate in raids effectively. Skirms, as arbs, can also be used under your Castle to kill Mongol units trying to snipe your BBCs or Trebs. https://ageofempires.fandom.com/wiki/File:Mongols_theme_AoE2_DE.ogg, the Mongols were subjugated under Qing rule, https://www.forgottenempires.net/age-of-empires-ii-definitive-edition/civilizations/mongols, East Asian civilizations (Age of Empires II). Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings/Walkthrough - StrategyWiki In 1368 the Yuan dynasty in China was overthrown in favor of the Ming.In the 1370s a Turkish-Mongol warrior claiming descent from Genghis Khan fought his way to leadership of the Mongol states of Central Asia and set out to restore the Mongol Empire. However, several Chinese units, such as the Steppe Rider and Keshik, represent the Mongols under the Qing dynasty (abeit the units themselves speak Chinese with a Mongolian accent). Am I right in feeling this way? With the Chinese and Japanese, the Mongols are one of the civilizations belonging to the East Asian culture. Even prominent defensive civilizations such as Byzantines, Teutons and Incas will have a harder time dealing with the Mongol fast moving siege engines. How to counter a 18p mongols archers rush? : r/aoe2 In the Capture the Relic Game mode, as their Light Cavalry have more LOS, they can prevent enemy Monks from getting the Relic. Serjeants and Champskarls get 8 pierce armor, but that only means soaking a higher number of arrows before dying. Mongols (Age of Empires II)/Tree Just another day as a Mongols Player : r/aoe2 They need a meatshield (mainly Hussars, Cavalry or Halberdiers). This page is a stub. Bro.. you could have just told me you don't like me, I like you, but your boys snipe my siege as if they were Dark Age militia . So now I'm in this situation of wanting to play mongols but trying to avoid mangudais (unless they go siege or pikes or smth when mangudais is definetly the way to go) or at least make them part of an army composition. Yeah they're a pretty expensive civ. While it has some weak points, like simplifying some of the series' core micromanagement, in the end it offers a solid experience which should not go unnoticed by fans of the genre. Their lack of Ring Archer Armor and Plate Barding Armor causes their Hussars and Mangudai to be more vulnerable than they might otherwise be; this combined with their lack of Paladins means that their late game heavy cavalry is very much below par. Cavaliers (except Sicilians) and Celt Paladins are less dangerous because of the many less shots for a kill, but here and there we can find a bonus that can become painful for a exchange of units (upgrading Hussar and Mangudai is much more expensive than upgrading Cavaliers even with Stirrups, Farimba, Hauberk or Szlachta privileges). Finally, Janissaries seem a sensible option, being tankier than HCs and outranging Mangudai. Seeing as the Mongols utterly destroyed a Teutonic Army like..back in Nam, they most likely were created to do such a thing, (Actual Source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Mohi). Will we finally learn how to defeat the Mongols in the Imperial Age? When the first Castle is up, it is the time to start massing Mangudai and decide where to start raiding. Mongols can follow with archers (dont have any bonus towards them, but it may be interesting for small walled enemies, and to start researching techs that will later be useful for Mangudai), or skip Feudal wars and go to Castle Age. Also the Mongols have no gunpowder units except Cannon Galleons, and being unable to research Redemption would mean that they cannot even convert enemy Bombard Cannons for themselves. Since the Mongol team bonus improves Light Cavalry Line of Sight, they can make a good synergy with the Poles, who give Light Cavalry +1 attack vs archers. Hulagu, a grandson of Genghis, exterminated the Muslim Assassins and then took the Muslim capital of Baghdad in 1258. Index @ Age of Empires 2 Strategy Center With patch 4.8, Elite Mangudai now have a frame delay of 5. The Huns also complement the Mongol army with their heavy cavalry and cheaper Cavalry Archers. So well leave Elephants apart. As the Mongols were considered a "nomadic" civilization, they have access to the regional Steppe Lancer unit. Mangudai attack bonus against siege weapons reduced to +1. That lets them advance fast to Feudal Age (below 20pop) and open with m@a or scouts. Mangudai - Just pump them out as soon as you have a Castle and research the Elite upgrade as soon as you can when you're in Imperial. Learn siegecraft from Chinese engineers and demolish even the sturdiest cities while you build the greatest empire that the world has ever seen! The Mongols also have access to powerful siege weapons. You need to create an army based on what the enemy is going to do and you can only afford to fully upgrade one or two of the Mongols' best units. I had the WONDERFUL opportunity of co-op casting a Mongols war on Ravines between Hera and DauT. Keshiks generate gold while fighting, what is good while engaging Hussars. It will be a good time to take map control with Castle on hills (which also help massing Mangudai). Update 47820 slightly nerfed the speed of Mangudai, making it a bit harder for them to kite enemies. Although weaker to siege than Mangudai, can effectively be used to kill the Mongol composition. The rest of the units are shown, just to give an example of how effective they could become if they happen to engage Hussars or Mangudai, but its likely that the best they could do, as I said, is protecting siege under a Castle from Mongol Hussar sniping. This Age of Empires 2 guide will help you understand these situations to win more often. Mongols' new unique tech Nomads is very helpful when an opponent destroys a Mongol town, as it allows their houses to support population even if they are destroyed, reducing wood spent to replenish losses. If forced on the defense Mangudai are an effective way of destroying enemy siege weapons, allowing time to hide behind a wall and build up a counter-attack. Following in the hoofprints of the Huns, their predecessors by a thousand years, they carved out one of the largest empires the world has yet seen.The Mongols inhabited the plains south of Lake Baikal in modern Mongolia. With their unique technology Drills the siege workshop units move 50% faster. Thank you in advance. You will power through the Dark Age because you are chowing down on the Wild Boars much faster than everybody else. gold) However, mangudai are really good at killing high value units and infantry without putting themselves at risk, so the trick is to keep them from dying too much once you have a decent group of them running around fighting while you get your siege force up. 01 Mar 2023 18:49:20 If Drill is researched, the Mongol push will be faster and more difficult to stop. That would mean also researching Bloodlines and Husbandry, which are necessary for CA and Mangudai. How to deal with Mongol late game army : r/aoe2 - reddit So, what could each of the civs do against that? Their speed and fast fire rate make them very versatile compared to other unique units. Age of Empires Series Wiki is a FANDOM Games Community. This is not as effective in earlier ages, as weaker units (such as skirmishers and onagers) can outrange them.The Mangudai is like all archers most effective when used in large masses. Ill show it in numbers, considering the most important upgrades and particular bonuses. In the Feudal Age, you can get 400-500 Food from Deer very, very rapidly. Other prominent civilizations with good skirmishers that can also do this are the Aztecs (with the, Tatar Light Cavalry and Cavalry Archers can also stand against the Mongolian Cavalry Archers and Mangudai, thanks to their unique technology. Mongols match Goth army with their own FU champs and Scorps. Additionally, the Mangudai's attack bonus is reverted to its pre-The Forgotten version, restoring their usefulness against siege units. Mongol Monks are some of the worst, and they do not have Halberdiers, which means that the Mongols have no concrete answer to elephant units. That lets them advance fast to Feudal Age (below 20pop) and open with m@a or scouts. They can attack buildings and can be used as a bait for Mangudai to come closer. I havent considered Elephants because theyre too slow and Mangudai can micro them to death. In-game, the Mongol main army composition consists of Light cavalry, cavalry archers, and siege weapons. I know this is true for a lot of civs, but the Mongols just feel like an especially expensive civ to play. New artwork, new animations, and new civilizations. In the Notes column I added the strat to follow: And all of this started when someone asked if Turk or Tatar HCA were better against Mongols! Both openings can cripple our economy if not walled correctly. Units in bold are good options or better than average units for the fight. I've been playing Age of Empires 2 for almost 2 decades, and consider the game to be not only the greatest real-time strategy game of all time, but the greatest video game of all time. At the beginning of the thirteenth century, the Mongol clans united and began a campaign of foreign conquest. Age of Empires 2 Fast Castle build order "Good thing I brought my motorized siege units.". Mangudai attack bonus against siege weapons reduced to +1. They also have access to all cavalry units and technologies except for the Paladin. Mongols | Age of Empires Series Wiki | Fandom As a primarily Teuton player, I can't help but feel like Mongols were designed specifically to fuck us over. Like literally every game and it's the only non-siege unit they make. They have access to all siege weapons except for the Bombard Cannon, giving them a strong offensive edge. 15 Skirms cant fight 15 Mangudai. Civilizations with good Onagers may also counter the Mongol Cavalry Archers if they forgot to micro them. Luring Deer and/or laming is also a viable strategy for the more experienced player. and our At some point, theyll need to start mining stone. After that, theyll need to secure your resources, get at least a second castle, and advance to Imperial while raiding with Mangudai. Because of this, the huge realm inherited by his sons fell apart quickly after his death.[1]. Hello everyone, and welcome to my guide a community effort I'm undertaking, to move some of the best works of the original Age of Empires 2 (Steam Edition) to the Definitive Edition. Massing Elephants is too expensive and will only favor Mongols getting to post-imperial FU army comp. Magyars can outnumber them with their cheaper Hussars and. Join. Rams and Scorpions will be shredded by Mongols. Camels are a very important unit for this matchup, since they get a big bonus attack against both Mongol units. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Age of Empires II 1999 Browse game Gaming Browse all gaming 46:59 So You Want To Play Mayans | Aoe2 Hera - Age of Empires 2 184K views 2 years ago 32:44 What Can Mongols Do Vs Berbers Hera -. Their economy is not great after the Feudal Age. Help us expand it, and you get a cookie. Privacy Policy. Here, infantry meatshield in front of Longbows can work well, since theyll still be out of range of Mangudai. As it can be seen, a mass of 20 of these units can one shot kill Mangudai. Complementing their fast units is their excellent siege weapons which also receive a great speed boost thanks to Drill. Manage all your favorite fandoms in one place! Again numbers and an insane micro will be needed to take a fight like this effectively. Age of empires ii 1 viewers gadzookzzz. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. That makes the difference of being able to chase the Mangudai army, whod need a very intensive micro or even to stop the push to deal with a Paladin army. From StrategyWiki, the video game walkthrough and strategy guide wiki, Age of Empires II HD: The African Kingdoms, Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition - Lords of the West, Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition - Dawn of the Dukes, Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition - Dynasties of India, https://strategywiki.org/w/index.php?title=Age_of_Empires_II:_The_Age_of_Kings/Mongols&oldid=719473. by hit-and-running them. A ge of Empires II is by far the most successful entry in the series, and even after AoE 4 was released, AoE 2 still has a far larger player population! This leaves Arbalesters and Champions without Supplies as their only reliable foot unit options, and their Heavy Camel Rider without Plate Barding Armor as their only anti-cavalry option. In general mongols are really fast up to feudal with their amazing hunting bonus so you want to use that most of the time by going very fast into scouts or towers making use of the food or fast up time. Anyway, theres room for a surprising Battle Elephant rush with Malay in mid-Castle Age, when Mongols are the weakest. Brilliant work and I hope you keep enjoying the game for many years to come. Mongols would need to micro Mangudai so that they aim for Halbs while Hussars deal with Huskarls. Age of Empires II Microsoft Corporation. Were The Mongols Barbaric? - 451 Words | Internet Public Library Mamelukes are still weaker (0 pierce armor), and even with their amazing performance against Hussars, I havent considered them. Does parthian tactics affect mangudai? Explained by Sharing Culture Non-elite Mangudai are now way better than ordinary Cavalry Archers, as their delay time (the time between the start of the shooting animation and the actual shoot of the arrow) has been reduced from 10 to 5, making them stronger at hit-and-run tactics. Siege - You generally want to get some Siege Rams because they're very strong. I'm glad you liked it, and remember me if this info is useful to you when facing Mangudai , Ngl didn't read this all, but one time I was playing Mongol mirror and my Mangudai Hussar combo got crushed by Camel Skirm Hussar. The Mongols are a civilization in Age of Empires II and Age of Empires IV . You HAVE to get those two Boars in every Random Map game. 9 Tricks You Probably Didn't Know They Exist in Age of Empires 2 Watch out for enemy Onagers, who can shred a whole Skirm army. With the Chinese and Japanese, the Mongols are one of the civilizations belonging to the East Asian culture. Unite the fractious tribes of the Mongolian steppe and lead vast mounted hordes to the edges of the known world. Mangudai have a train time of 21 seconds. +50% hunter efficiency? The 18 population Mongol scout rush is one of the fastest rushes in the game, capable of derailing your opponent before they have even reached the Feudal Age. Heavy Cavalry Archers need to be considered here. Destroyed house foundations no longer provide population space with the Nomads technology. Elite Cannon Galleon removed from the technology tree. Of all the maps available in Age of Empires 2, Arabia is the most popular. Stable units and Pikes/Halbs can be put in the front of them to engage with Hussars. This is the first example of how well Mangudai and Hussars complement each other. He destroyed Kiev in 1240 and advanced into Hungary. Hand Cannoneers, Janissaries, Conquistadors and Hussite Wagons hit hard Mongol units. Lets take a look on them. Find out more about this popular map, its meta, and what to expect going in. Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition 'Fast Castle' strategy guide Age of Empires 2 Strategy: A Guide to Winning More Often - DiamondLobby Units in italics mean that they are not so effective or only situational. This makes them probably the best units for hit and run tactics. When the mangudai is uppgraded to elite status they have 0 missile delay. Conquistadors can be microed, but Mangudai outrange them, and both Mongol units are faster than them. They would fare excellent against Hussars and Siege, but Mangudai just would outrun and kill them (2 pierce armor). Also, the Mangudai is somewhat less powerful than in the previous versions, as their attack bonus against siege now only applies to Rams, though they still keep a minimal bonus of 1 against all siege. So take a seat and grab some popcorn. Civilization Bonuses: Tarkans have the advantage of not being Castle dependant after Marauders has been researched. When playing a random map game against the computer, the player may encounter any of the following Mongol AI characters: The Mongols were nomads from the steppes of Central Asia. You need lots of them. They do everything. They are also much cheaper than Paladins to upgrade, and can chase Mangudai. Rattans will fare much better, with their amazing pierce armor and 11 attack. The Mongol units can be very cost effective or battles can end in disaster. You only get 2 boars, it's not a HUGE deal if you harvest those food faster. the Huns civilization bonus of starting at maximum population is incorporated in the Age of Empires IV Mongols). Mongols strategy ? : r/aoe2 - reddit Simply those little tricks you learn if you happen to watch a recorded game, a youtube video or a live-stream. They also have a better meatshield than Mayans in Light Cavalry. Also, they can counter slow-moving melee units (like the Champion, the Slavic Boyar, the Persian War Elephant, the Southeast Asian Battle Elephant, the Teutonic Knight, etc.) Add some Pikemen for good measure even though nothing can get past 15 SO. Like most Age of Empires II strategies, there are plenty of versions of the same build order that people try out depending on civilization, enemy, and map layout. The Mongols have the fastest Feudal times with the same build as everybody else, and then after that there's Deer. We must not forget raids. One of the most common tactics used by Mongol players in early game is the Scout Cavalry Feudal rush. Halberdiers can support them to deal with Hussars, who deal 10 damage to them. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Aztecs is a bit more challenge, but can still win due to moving speed of all . These lack the last blacksmith armor, but make up for it with a bonus for HP (80F, 118HP, 11 attack, +12 vs Monks, 2 melee armor, 4 pierce armor). Most of the citys 100,000 inhabitants were murdered. In late Castle Age, youll need to be massing Mangudai, so they need somehow to transition from your Feudal army to the Castle unit. In addition, their additional HP bonus for the Scout Cavalry line also applies to their Steppe Lancers, which make them an interesting option for fast raids on masses of cluttered units, and a viable alternative to the Knight line or the Scout line (the latter if gold is available). This page was last edited on 11 August 2014, at 02:21. They are based on various central Asian Turkic empires such as the Timurid Empire and the Golden Horde. Well delve into different army compositions for each of the civs that could give you a chance of victory. But I still feel that any of the civs who get most of the HCA upgrades can mirror the Mongol composition without the issue of depending on a Castle to mass their HCA. However, whenever I introduced friends to Age of Empires 2, I found they always struggled - The reality was, and still very much is, that Age of Empires 2 has a very steep learning curve. They held most of Asia Minor, modern Iraq, modern Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Tibet, parts of India, parts of Burma, all of China, and parts of Vietnam.The Mongol clans were united by Temuchin, called Genghis Khan (mighty ruler), in the early thirteenth century. But if you feel inspired, you may turn the tide and scrap a difficult win. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. He preferred capturing wealth and engaged in wholesale slaughter, without pausing to install stable governments in his wake. As a result, I set out on a goal to make learning Age of Empires 2 easier, the inspiration for AOE2Guide - a compendium to encourage players to improve their skills and become more confident at the game. Once they are able to construct a Siege . Mongols have very good Scout Cavalry, they have extra hit points once they are upgraded to Light Cavalry and a better line of sight. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. They are the best at raiding the town centers of enemies and engage in hit-and-run battles with slower units. The city was burned to the ground and the inhabitants murdered.Following Genghis Khans death in 1227, his son Ogedei completed the conquest of northern China and advanced into Europe. Replace Goth flood with Genoese and replace Magyar Huszar with war wagons. We also find stronger Arbalesters in the form of Unique units. I used to play this back on the disc when I was like 10, today I learned you are suppose to take the boars for food. Mangudai Rate of Fire increased (made slower) to 2.1. Regular Cav Archers are way too expensive. Read More Counter Guide July 13, 2020 Age of Empires 2 is a complex game where each military unit has a role to play in battle; each military unit is a counter for another unit and may Read More Mangudai train time increased to 26 seconds. Strategies with mongols aside of mass mangudais : r/aoe2 Alot of people use this food for the Mongol Scout Cavalry rush. With this build order, you will be able to have an 8 minute Feudal time and begin producing scouts. In general, any melee unit that is slower than Mangudai or ranged unit outranged by Mangudai will have a hard time countering them, and their use will become situational against Mongols. Magyar Huszars can replace standard Hussars, and become trash units after researching Corvinian army. Aoe2 Arena Build Order.This video is a arena build order guide for a Mongols castle drop with Mangudai to follow up Arena. Age of Empires | Mongols voice REMIX - YouTube Also as Onagers are a counter to archers their faster movement speed will be unpleasant for archer based civilizations such as Britons, Mayans, and Vietnamese. Once the player builds up a Castle, they should start to switch to the Mangudai as their preferred Cavalry Archer. In particular, their foot soldiers lack key upgrades across the board, with Elite Skirmishers lacking Ring Archer Armor, and they lack the Halberdier upgrade. The Mongols are an offensive civilization that focuses on its ranged units and emphasizes guerilla tactics. Chukonus have a difficult micro and lower range but strong power, so they must be supported by Chinese Cavalry (I suggest Camels or Light Cavalry here). Here, Mongol Hussars become a problem, because they kill easily Skirms, while tanking fire and not allowing you to aim for Mangudai. You are free to do the same. Hussars are way faster than Mangudai, but until they cover up the 7 range of Mangudai, they can be hit more than once by them. Nananananana! Age of Empires 4 Mongols Strategies and Tips - GameRevolution When they are fully uppgraded a group of 36 can one shot a fully upgraded paladin with 180 hp! Age of Empires Series Wiki is a FANDOM Games Community. Well leave these also apart and start considering the scout line. Being a civilization with good early and mid game and able to raid with the use of Scout Cavalry and Cavalry Archers they can defeat civilizations that fare otherwise in open maps like Arabia, especially if starting at Dark and Feudal Age. Players can Mongol flush with 22 population and then create one or two stables (one will work if the wood is tight), this flush will be mostly a standard scout rush with the only difference that the player will have more line of sight for those units allowing to prevent ranged attacks from archers as they can spot them at a longer distance. Mongols (Age of Empires II) | Age of Empires Series Wiki | Fandom That means that many units could in theory kill 1v1 an unmicroed Mangudai easily. Mangudai are amazing but this bonus doesn't really affect the game. I do like Mangudai as a unit, but the FE buff which made their bonus only apply to rams was absolutely necessary imo. This page was last edited on 9 July 2014, at 16:48. Despite their fierce mobile cavalry, their Monks and foot soldiers are below average, missing several key technologies across the board. Micro is crucial and a good Mongol Onager shot can be devastating, but for some of these civs BBCs are also available to deal with the Onager before Mangudai kill them. The Nomads technology no longer allows house foundations to increase population by being destroyed, so now they have to build houses completely again. The introduction of the Siege Tower in the game improves significantly the siege capabilities of all civilizations but in the particular case of the Mongols this unit also benefits from the Drill technology making this unit more effective in its use as its purpose is to transport foot soldiers to the other side of an enemy wall. If Paladins or Cavaliers catch the Mangudai, both units will quickly kill them, but the cost effectiveness here will be much worse. But Onagers, Trebuchets and BBCs can be useful. This team bonus makes a good synergy with the Portuguese team Bonus, since the Portuguese provide Cartography from the beginning of the game for the entire team, allowing the team to explore the map faster. In contrast, Civilization is a slow-paced , turn-based strategy (TBS) game. As a cavalry archer civilization, the Mongols have excellent mounted archers, arguably the best of all civilizations.

Kid Motorz Police Motorcycle How To Charge, Why Do Sovereign Citizens Say They Are Traveling, Axs Premium Tickets Vs Standard, Who Plays Ryan Tanner's Dad On Station 19, Eagan Dmv Wait Time, Articles A